Trigger Warning: Violence and Brutality
Hatred is an upcoming PC game whose sole intentions and base game it the mass murder and slaughter of the innocent. That it. That’s the sole objective the game.
There have been many people who have defended this game by bringing said games like Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, and Watch Dog where the player has an option to divulge into mass violence but I would like to offer a bit of insight into the core mechanic of those games that make this particular game so problematic
- In GTA, Red Dead, ETC mass violence toward innocent bystanders is an option
- While this is an option the core mechanics of games themselves has systems set in place that reprimand and condemn all violent and criminal behaviors.
- The death of said behaviors can be played out in a manner so ridiculous and comical it establishes that the game is unrealistic. In the game Hatred the death displayed are so realistically brutal its hard to make such distinction.
- Due to the rag doll physics and the absurd low AI IQ of said games like GTA, etc it almost comical and cartoon.
- MASS VIOLENCE IN THESE GAME ARE NOT THE MAIN OBJECTIVE AND MANY OF THE GAMES HAVE FEATURES THAT ALLOW LESS BRUTAL AND ALLOWS ONE TO MERELY KNOCKOUT THE ENEMY INSTEAD OF KILLING OUTRIGHT.
In a world and in a country where the Video Game medium is often opted out to as a progenitor of violence this is unacceptable within the medium should not under circumstance be given a platform for playability. This is disgusting and absolutely detrimental to ANY young mind who has access to it. This is the outright and full frontal glamorization of violence and should NOT be taken lightly and should persecuted and fully abolished from the gaming world.